Thursday 20 February 2014

Well friends....here is MY "TRUE LIFE ADVENTURE" and the people's real life nightmare over at Thunder Bay Housing Corporation's "Dan McIvor Court" on Lincoln Street which also houses the Herb Carol Seniors Center as well....

Well friends....here is MY "TRUE LIFE ADVENTURE" and the people's real life nightmare over at Thunder Bay Housing Corporation's "Dan McIvor Court" on Lincoln Street which also houses the Herb Carol Seniors Center as well....

First and foremost.....unlike Patterson Court on May Street....or Asseff Court on Simpson Street....this building is totally accessible to anyone off the street....there is NO SECURITY BUZZ IN SYSTEM like there are in the above noted buildings....when in fact in keeping with their MISSION STATEMENT there should be without question.

The people I visited yesterday afternoon showed me the camera's in the stairwells where often DRUG DEALS are being conducted....it is more than common place to find HUMAN excrement on the floors throughout this facility....Human BLOOD...as well as dog feces and urine and let me not forget about the very same thing coming from the various cats that reside in the facility also.

The individuals I met with have had complete strangers banging on their doors at all hours of the day and night wanting to be let in or are looking for someone....if this building was properly secured this would not be taking place and the residents would actually feel safe in their homes.

The emergency exit doors from the stairwells leading to the outside of the building were very hard to even open....I had to continue to push and push on the doors in order for them to open against the snow....which in my opinion needs to be shoveled out much better....if there was ever a fire in the building....with those doors being as difficult to open....some people might NOT make it out of the facility safely.!!!

The weekends and evenings are especially b ad in this entire unit....and I have been told that in 2013 4 people have passed away due to respiratory illness....there is one tenant who has been cautioned numerous times "NOT TO FEED THE PIGEONS"...yet I saw her doing just that from her window while I was there yesterday.

So.....that is just the tip of the iceberg over there....my next visit will be to SPENCE COURT to see that place in person and speak to some residents I know that reside there....and get their stories direct and in turn will relate back what it is I discover.

In closing....it is my "FULL INTENTION" to attend the TBDSSB meeting in person and have these situations all addressed and corrected....one thing on a positive note....unlike the ROYAL EDWARD ARMS this facility has NO BED BUGS that I have been told of....personally I have been more than disgusted for years now as to how people are being forced to live in our system....I intend fully to fix it even if that means doing it all by myself....I have no problem with that privilege what so ever.

Please take the time to share this with your Thunder Bay family and Friends....why you might ask yourself....its just PLAYING it FORWARD to help out your fellow citizens....plain and simple folks.....

FOOT NOTE

These are people like you and I are and they deserve a much HIGHER STANDARD in the facilities in which they reside....I cannot possibly state it any more simpler or factual....you never know what tomorrow will bring you on any given day....and GOD forbid you or a family member or friend could be subject to this very same thing in your lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment