Saturday 22 February 2014

Coldest Night of the Year Walk to support the homeless, hungry and hurting here in Thunder Bay...

 I just got back home from the walk this afternoon-night and wanted to say a HUGE "THANK YOU" to Gary and Melody and all of the wonderful volunteers that I met at the Thunder Bay Christian Center which is in my old public school of Drew Street....all the volunteers who were directing the walkers along the route and to the volunteers at Grace Place as well.

It was a privilege to be a part of this great fundraising effort.....the numbers of people walking was close to 300.....double from 2013....plus I got the opportunity to see people in person that I have not seen for years....it could not have been a better experience....an a monumental success.

Thank you as well to the folks who cooked up the awesome chile and thank you to ALDO RUBERTO for representing the city and walking the entire walk as well.

I'll be back to do it all again next year for sure...:)

Click on the link below for the TBNewsWatch on-line story...


I would also like to say another huge THANK YOU to all who sponsored this event as well as the many people here in Thunder Bay who were kind and caring in making and donating their pledges....without all of you in behind the scene none of this would have been remotely possible...hats off to you all...:)

No comments:

Post a Comment