Tuesday 14 August 2018

Vote Jim Gamble for Mayor of Thunder Bay on October 22nd, 2018


An "Our Kids Count Event in Council Chambers" that I popped into.

Jamie from DILICO and  myself...she saved me from the rain this day.!


Chanel is a basically homeless in Thunder Bay resident that I met quite a while ago while campaigning in the south ward of the city, I have often seen her outside of the Dollar store at Centennial Square with a cardboard sign asking those who pass her buy to donate some loose change in order for her to be able to purchase food for herself and her boyfriend to consume. I have actually re-written her sign in order to provide a much better message about her situation in the hope of my changing it will be for her betterment. I am seeing more and more of this type of thing in the city during the past year. As of the last count approximately 3 months ago the city as recorded by TBDH has just under 500 people considered as being homeless and we also have another 1,000 individuals according to the management individual at TBDH with whom I received the number of 1,000 people on a affordable housing list 1 1/2 months ago when I called TBDH seeking the information as noted above.

I have been attempting to find her a much safer & much better place to  "LIVE"
other than the "Odd Fellows Building" on May Street where she currently resides.

My dear old friend "Thommy  Milestone Horricks at the Buskers Festival on Algoma Street which was organized by "Brian Hamilton who is the owner of the Bean Fiend"

My friend "SouthPaw" at the Buskers Festival on Algoma Street which was organized by "Brian Hamilton who is the owner of the Bean Fiend"


My friend "Shelly Lynn St Arnaud" at the Buskers Festival on Algoma Street which was organized by "Brian Hamilton who is the owner of the Bean Fiend.




I took my mother Pre-BIRTHDAY shopping at Nygards...the staff were marvelous with helping my mother that day...and it was there that I also met my dear friend "Sergio Verardo`s daughter ``Lucia Verardo`as well. 


I received this personalized autographed photo from `Carter Hutton`s 
uncle Rick Hutton a few days ago.


I was in the Delaney arena looking to find out what ever happened to the `Fort William Redskins football team photo and plaque that at one time were hanging on the wall leading down to the dressing rooms...long story short, 
I found out where it is being stored and have been reassured by 
Larry Hebert that they will be hung back up where they belong.

In this photo is my childhood friend Gary O`Leary who has one
 more year  to work for the city and then it's retirement time.!




Just a photo of myself in front of city hall.


This photo was taken last Wednesday at the Port Arthur Clinic and this is my friend Dawn Lee who is a member of the union Unifor who the 65 striking women belong to.


This is `Benny `who was my son Taylor best friend in grade school.

This picture was taken last Monday of the long weekend at the
 Italian Festa in the northward of thunder Bay.


This group photo was taken at `GRACE PLACE`when they were 
celebrating their 11th birthday at the Simpson Street location.
There were over 500 meals served that day.





I had the pleasure of helping my friend Ashlee Dawn and her cleanup crew 
from the group named The Real Concerned Citizens of Thunder Bay.


This photo was taken at the Italian Festa on the Monday of the long weekend
with local radio host Val and her niece.


WOW...this is my great friend Orila who used to work at Avenor Inc. in the garage,
it's been many years since I last saw him...he snuck up on me while 
I was at the Virgin Mobile kiosk at Intercity Mall.



Well I bumped into another dear friend `Roy Veneruzzo`who is a local NHL hero of mine.
Click on the web link for his complete bio.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Veneruzzo



Ah I bumped into another old and dear friend...at the Festa 
Vic Arnone`a well known musician here in Thunder Bay.

Me at Kakabeka Falls, it was years since I had been out there.

Just another photo of me at city hall.



and one more at city hall. 


No comments:

Post a Comment